Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good news, a new addition, and same old, same old.

I know I know, its been a really long time since I posted and I am really sorry. I had a great time in North Carolina. It was really great to see my friend and her house and new life there. And of course it was FABULOUS to meet her new little daughter (and my Goddaughter), Eleanor (Nora) Larsen Brummond. She is just the cutest little bugger! We had a nice time just lounging around with the baby (well, I lounged, she fed, changed, and burped the baby....but I helped!), and spent one day out shopping and stuff in Wilmington (where Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill are filmed). I was sad to leave and hopefully I can get back kind of soon. Although, I really did not enjoy driving from D.C. to her house alone and sleeping in my car. I also got a speeding ticket which didn't go over too well upon my arrival back in Milwaukee.
My friend, her husband, Nora, and their puppies will be coming for Christmas so I will definitely get to see them then. I took a bunch of pictures, I just have to find the cord to transfer them to my computer and then I will share them with everyone.
Speaking of puppies (kinda), yesterday, we added a new member to our family. Yes, we have another fur child! She is a 3 month old Labrador Retriever. She weighs about 20 lbs now and is just the prettiest little thing. We have not settled on a name yet, but I have been calling her Stella (and I have been suggesting Hilary to John, but he hasn't taken the bait! hehehe). She was one of 3 in a litter that, before being transferred from a shelter in Indiana, was a group of strays. She is VERY shy and kind of skiddish, but we are working on it. Mostly she has just been sleeping, but she did snatch Johns socks, the container of fish food, and on of my sandals, so I think she is coming around.
I found out today that the person who was being worked up to be a kidney donor is not going to work out (again), so now we are down to 1-2 people left. I am not really surprised or upset about it, because I have just come to expect it, but I am getting frustrated that we just keep going through people and no one works out. So, not a whole lot to say on that point right now I guess.
Tonight I have dialysis, and I think I may go a little earlier so I can get settled in by 9 so I can watch Obama's speech without interruptions from the staff. I am excited to hear what he has to say. As most of you know, I cut John's hair during the summer with a buzzer. This time when he needs it cut I am going to shave a big O in the back for Obama! Do you think he will notice and do you think he would get revenge by shaving a W into the back of my head? Feedback appreciated! Ta Ta

1 comment:

Jac said...

Glad you had a good time in North Carolina :-) hope the dialysis went well last night..
jac x